Twinbrook PTA Board Elections are Tuesday, May 6.
If you have an interest in in your child’s school and a few hours a month to dedicate, then the PTA needs you! We invite you to be part of the parent-teacher leadership at Twinbrook ES. The Maryland PTA and the Montgomery County Council of PTAs (MCCPTA) provide free training and other resources.
Elections will be at the year’s last PTA meeting, Tuesday, May 6, 6:45pm. All current PTA members may vote. Please attend this important meeting. These elected board positions are required by our bylaws and a minimum number of 15 voting PTA members must attend. Nominees must be current PTA members. Not a member? There’s still time to join. Get our membership form at http://twinbrookpta.org/join-the-pta/ or find one on the table in the school lobby.
- President: Presides over the general and board meetings. Acts as point of contact for other PTA presidents, the MCCPTA, and the primary liaison from MCPS and the school to the parents.
- Vice-President, Membership: recruits and keeps track of PTA members.
- Vice-President, Programs and Fundraising: supervises fundraising activities for the PTA.
- Treasurer: Submits monthly income/expenditures report, prepares budgets, and helps with tax documents and the PTA bank account.
- Secretary: Takes the minutes at all meetings (board and general), presents the minutes at meetings, keeps copies of all records and has them available at meetings.
Other ways you can help:
- MCCPTA Delegate and Alternate (2): Appointed by the board. Delegates attend monthly MCCPTA meetings as Twinbrook representatives and report back to the Twinbrook PTA.
- Latino Outreach Committee: Represents the needs of Twinbrook’s Spanish-speaking community to the PTA. Committee chair appointed by the board.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Helps recruit PTA volunteers and tracks their hours.
Not ready to join the board? Consider chairing an event next year and get a head start on planning for next year—these include Earth Day, Book Fair, International Night, Teacher Appreciation, Bingo Night, Restaurant Nights, bake sales, and more. These events can’t happen without your help.
For more information, or to nominate an individual (including you) to the 2014-2015 Twinbrook ES PTA board, please contact a PTA Nominating Committee member no later than Friday, April 11. Position descriptions will also be available on the PTA table in the school’s main entry or on the PTA web site at http://twinbrookpta.org/executive-board/board-position-descriptions/.